Next Wool Sale:
Saturday, Oct 26 at 4pm eastern
Occasionally I need to clear out the excess wool in my personal closet. This is wool that is usually an odd shape, that I cannot sell with my standard shaped wool.
Some are wools that I received last week, others are wools that might have been in my closet for almost 20 years and have long ago disappeared.
Here’s how to Participate
- Register for the webinar.
Download Zoom if you have never been to one of my
You will never need to open the actual Zoom app. When you click on a webinar link in your reminder email, Zoom will open the app automatically.
You do not need to register every week, just once.
2. Mark your calendar with the date and time and set up reminder alerts. There will NOT be a replay. The wool sale is usually held on the last Saturday of the month.
3. Zoom will send you a reminder about 1 hour before the event. Visit the Wool Sale link you receive in your email a few minutes before 4pm.
4. Watch as I show you the wool bundle and when you see a bundle you are interested in, say “I want #7” in the comments or chat section. I will have the lot number somewhere behind me so you will always know which number we are currently looking at. I will be monitoring the comments and taking note of who comments on each bundle. The first comment does NOT guarantee you will claim the bundle.
5. I will use an app to get a random number. This number will coordinate with the comments. For instance, #1 is the first person who comments, #2 is the second person, etc.
6. Write down the number of the bundle you won. You will need that later when you set up your payment.
7. Go to my online store. Check out and purchase the number of bundles you won. You can enter the wool bundle number(s) in the notes section of the checkout page (where you enter your address, etc.)
To get free shipping, just enter freeshipbundle in the coupon code. Because the margins are extremely tight, you cannot add to this order, but you can create a second order that I will ship separately or together, depending on how many bundles you order. I will refund any excess shipping charges.
If you choose to pay with a check, just choose the manual option. YOU STILL NEED TO CHECK OUT so I have your address information. When I receive the notice of your manual payment, I know the check is on its way. You will see my address several times during the checkout process.
6. Once your payment has been received, I will ship out your bundle. Any bundles unclaimed before the next event will be offered again. Note: All the bundles from the last 2 sales were paid for promptly. So if you see something you like be sure to add your comment for a chance to win the bundle.
I will be announcing the prices at the beginning of each wool sale. Right now I plan to change the weight offered to make shipping easier.
If I need to ship to Canada, I will charge you the actual shipping costs less the amount I am budgeting for shipping.
Because buying wool by pounds and ounces can be confusing, I created a handy cheat sheet for you to put the price into perspective. You can see the wool conversion chart here.
My mailing address
If you are paying by check, just make your check out to me, Cindi Gay, and mail it to:
6988 Linwood Rd.
Pemberville, OH 43450
If you choose the credit card option, you can check out with Paypal or Stripe. Both are safe online purchasing methods. I never see your credit card number.
Warning: Unfolded wool
Due to the extreme discount on this wool, I will not be carefully folding it when I put it in the shipping box or envelope. Just dump it out when you receive it. If you need to freshen it up, just pop it in the dryer for a few minutes. I do not use softener sheets because they tend to leave a film on the wool.
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.