After several meetings at the Senior Center, I finally have the background done. I tested out a border last Thursday.
I think the border needs to be narrower. I thought about trying a wood grain look using the blue and brown, but I am going back to simple. I think I will do two rows of blue and then a few rows of brown. By hooking a section of about 6-8″ you can usually tell what will work. If you are unsure, move to another section of the rug and hook another 6-8″. Don’t rip it out until you have to.
I need to tweak the background a bit. I think I want more dark in the lower area and around the woman’s face. A simple removal of a partial strip here and there will do it. I find it easier to just get it hooked, and then once it is done, make any adjustments I need.
Want to learn how to hook faces?
I am creating an online course that goes into a lot more detail. Watch me hook every stage of a face. This will be open for enrollment in Spring 2021.
Read all the posts about hooking Woman with Baby
- How to Hook the Eye
- Continuation of How to hook a Wide Cut Face
- Work Begins on the Baby
- Rug Hooking begins on the Mother’s Arm
- Rug Hooking Continues on Mother’s Arm
- Choosing the Background for rug hooked portrait
- Rug Hooking the Baby’s Fine Hair
- Rug Hooking the Mother’s Blue Head Scarf
- Rug Hooking Some Background on Woman with Baby
- Green Blurry Foilage Background Continues
- Rug Hooking an Interesting Background
- Woman with Baby is almost done
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.