When I begin a new project, I try to use all the colors right away. Here I have a bit of the value I intend to use for hair on the left. This is actually a piece of dark green wool. It is there to help me see the value that I will use later.
I hooked the face values on the forehead first and then I hooked the eye just before I took the picture. I needed a bit of a warm up before I hooked the most important part, in this case, the eye.
To hook the eye I follow these steps:
- Hook the upper lash line with a dark wool. I used a dark brown herringbone.
- Hook the iris. This is rarely a full circle. The top part is usually cut off by the upper lash line.
- Hook the lower lid using a face color. This can be light, medium or dark, depending on how you shade the face.
- Fill the pupil with a dark.
- Fill the whites of the eye with white. I used a white herringbone texture that is far from white.
- Add the highlight.
Read all the posts about hooking Southern Woman
- How to Hook the Eye
- Hooking the Nose and Lips
- Adjusting the Forehead Shading
- Adding Hair
- Adding the Neck
- Adding the Sashing
- The Background
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.