Notice the lack of rows in the larger portion of the arm. I used my “jig saw puzzle” method. I teach this method for backgrounds because it helps to make the background to fade into the …. background. Our eyes and brains are designed to pick up patterns. When you hook in rows, you can see them.
Here I am beginning to fill in the lower arm. Notice how I am breaking up the space so that you cannot see the rows. I also hooked her tummy. Not sure at this point if I have this right, but I will continue hooking before I make any judgements.
Want to learn how to hook faces?
I am creating an online course that goes into a lot more detail. Watch me hook every stage of a face. This will be open for enrollment in Spring 2022.
Read all the posts about hooking Woman with Baby
- How to Hook the Eye
- Continuation of How to hook a Wide Cut Face
- Work Begins on the Baby
- Rug Hooking begins on the Mother’s Arm
- Rug Hooking Continues on Mother’s Arm
- Choosing the Background for rug hooked portrait
- Rug Hooking the Baby’s Fine Hair
- Rug Hooking the Mother’s Blue Head Scarf
- Rug Hooking Some Background on Woman with Baby
- Green Blurry Foilage Background Continues
- Rug Hooking an Interesting Background
- Woman with Baby is almost done
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.
Take a break once a week.
Delivered in the middle of the week, in the middle of the day, Tuesday at noon, eastern.