Episode 014 Fold Forward Rug Finish
This is the finish that I teach to beginner rug hookers. Easy technique and simple supplies make it ideal for beginners and experienced rug hookers alike. This is a sturdy finish that holds up well to foot traffic and still looks good on a wall hanging.
Supplies you will need:
- Sewing Machine
- Steam and let it dry.
- Measure 1 1/4″ from the hooking, draw a straight line on all 4 sides.
- Straight stitch between the line and the loops on round or oval rugs.
- Cut on the line.
- Zig zag with a sewing machine or use an overcast stitch.
- Mark the corner miter.
- Stitch inside the line with a zig zag and straight stitch with a back tack.
- Fold in once and baste.
- Fold in twice and baste. First fold down the corner.
Then fold the sides again and baste.
- Begin whipping about 1″ from a corner. Manage the cut yarn in a Strip Sorter.
- 25:27 CORNER TRICK
Setting up the corner
Small stitches at the corner
- Steam agin if needed
- Add a label – next week’s podcast
Be sure to read the written instructions for another point of view.
Written Fold Forward Finish instructions
What finish do you prefer?
Have you subscribed to this podcast? Have you left a review? If so, THANKS!
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.