What do the numbers of cut sizes mean?
From 2 – 8 each number represents the width of the strip in 32ths of an inch. For instance, a #8 is 8/32, which reduced down to 1/4.”
How to find a group in your area (and the benefit of finding one) (03:42)
Start with one group even if it is hours away. Call them and ask if they know about a group between you. Call that group…. You get the idea. Most groups are aware of the next closest group. Be prepared to drive a distance, usually about 90 minutes. It is work the effort!
Pros and Cons of the different cut sizes available in rug hooking (12:50)
Get the file by entering your name and email above. Download and print the file. Print it on sticker paper or just regular paper and tape it into your journal.
I talked about rughooking strip cut sizes during one of my Live! Thursday Rug Hooking Lessons. Watch the replays or join me Live! Office Hours Tuesday at 4pm eastern every week. Youtube videos will be posted twice a month..
Here’s another one from my Youtube channel:
Get the PDF file
Rug Hooking Cut Sizes Explained
Here’s a list of cut sizes by manufacturer.
Subscribe to your favorite service below
New episodes released on Tuesday — just not every Tuesday
Now available on Audible.
List of Podcast Episodes
- 001 – The Rug Hooking Podcast is Here!
- 002 – Packing for rug camp, tips on what to bring with you
- 003 – How to choose the right finish for your hooked rug
- 004 – Collecting wool and washing it for rug hooking
- 005 – Beginner rug hooking equipment
- 006 – Cutting Rug Hooking Wool with and without a Cutter
- 007 – How to Rug Hook – pulling up the loops
- 008 – Rug Hooking Cut Sizes Explained
- 009 – Where to start rug hooking
- 010 – Learn to Hook Better by Learning to See
- 011 – The Secret to primitive hooking is not just in the wool
- 012 – But I’m not an Artist. . . .
- 013 – Creativity: Rug Hook Naked
- 014 – Fold Forward Finish, my favorite rug finish
- 015 – Add a Label to your Hooked Rugs
- 016 – Steaming your Hooked Rug
- 017 – Stop Photo Copying your Rug
- 018 -What’s Available on my Website