This is a 14 page pdf packed full of details. Every time someone asked me a question about the Fold Forward Finish I added the answer to this PDF. Learn how to:
- Steam your rug
- Zig Zag the edge. I also include a method you can use if you don’t have a sewing machine
- How to measure how much to cut off, including a trick for oval or round rugs
- How much to cut off the corners to avoid a big ole lumpy corner
- Basting the edge down and what needle to use
- The special preparation treatment of the corners
- Two ways to fold in the corner
- How to calculate how much yarn you need. Never start whipping and praying again. You will know before you start if you have enough.
- How to do a whipping test to get that calculation dialed in.
- What type of yarn to use for whipping
- What to do when you cannot find the right color
- A list of whipping tips including a video on keep it straight and even if you are working on linen
- How to secure the edge of the yarn
- How to hook all four corners at once and how to use the Corner trick to avoid putting all the wool in the same hole in your backing
- A link to more information on labeling rugs
If you are a member of The Rug Hooking Journey, you have access to this PDF on the Master Download Page for FREE! It is included in your membership.