I chose blue for the headscarf because it is a complementary color with orange. Brown is really just a dark orange. I didn’t try to get too fancy with the scarf because I do not want the attention there. I want you to notice the baby and the mother, not what the mother is wearing. I used scraps pulled from my scrap bin. They looked like they had been marbelized.
I filled in at her neck and may make a few adjustments there later, but for now, I will continue hooking.
Want to learn how to hook faces?
I am creating an online course that goes into a lot more detail. Watch me hook every stage of a face. This will be open for enrollment in Spring 2022.
Read all the posts about hooking Woman with Baby
- How to Hook the Eye
- Continuation of How to hook a Wide Cut Face
- Work Begins on the Baby
- Rug Hooking begins on the Mother’s Arm
- Rug Hooking Continues on Mother’s Arm
- Choosing the Background for rug hooked portrait
- Rug Hooking the Baby’s Fine Hair
- Rug Hooking the Mother’s Blue Head Scarf
- Rug Hooking Some Background on Woman with Baby
- Green Blurry Foilage Background Continues
- Rug Hooking an Interesting Background
- Woman with Baby is almost done