Ever had to buy wool by the pound and not sure how the price relates to yardage? This handy chart will help. It works on the principle that one yard of rug hooking wool weighs about 14 ounces, just a bit under one pound. Some wool is thicker, some thinner, but this is a good average.
|1 oz.||a bit more |
than 1 strip
*This is the size wool I sell ready-to-hook in my studio. I highlighted the main bits of information that you might be looking for.
The basic assumptions
- one yard of rug hooking wool weighs 14 ounces
- 16 ounces are in 1 lb.
- I am using the current prices I charge in my studio of $24 for off the bolt and $56 a yard for ready to hook ($3.50 for a 1/16 yard strip). See my instructions for breaking down a yard of wool.https://cindigayrughooking.com/how-to-rip-wool/
My Wool Sale
- Ships in a 7.5″ x 5″ x 14″ priority box. No additional charge for shipping.
- Wool scraps weigh at least 1.5 pounds or 24 ounces.
- An equivalent of 1.7 yards.
- Most pieces are about 3″ wide and 18-36″ long.
- Collect a wider variety of pieces faster than buying yardage.
- Some are odd recycled pieces from clothing, or misshapen end cuts from the bolt.
- All pieces were chosen to live in my private stash, but they have outgrown the space and now they need to find new homes.