Pattern and wool
Order your footstool pattern and assemble your wool, or simply send me your color visions and let me color plan it for you. This is a service I offer to all workshop attendees, but you can get this service without the workshop. I do give priority to workshop students so you might have to wait a while. Please contact me for availability.
- 2 @ 7″ long
- 2 @ 14″ long
- 2 @ 15″ x 6 1/2″
- 2 @ 14″ x 6 1/2″
- 1 @ 15″ x 15″
Foam (high density)
- 1 @ 13″ x 13″: 1/2″ thick
- 1 @ 11″ x 11″: 1/2″ thick
- 1 @ 15″ x 15″: 1″ thick
Soft and Crafty quilt batting, 10 oz. per yard
- 2 @ 15″ x 8 1/2″
- 1 @ 31 1/2″ x 16″
- 4 @ 6″ tall, 4″ in diameter
- see the next post in this series for more details
- wood glue
- 5/8 x 5 Steel Joint Fasteners aka corrugated fasteners
- 2″ finish nails and hammer
- Spray adhesive to attach the foam to the wood
- Needle and button hole or hand quilting thread to sew the seams
- Strips of wool that match what you used around the seams
- Staple gun and staples (air or electric is easier)
- Small amount of extra quilt batting or polyfill to stuff the corners.
- 1/2 yard of a thin fabric to line the underside
- 2 yards gimp to cover staples
- Label with your name and other information
Make your own rug hooked footstoolI have several rug hooking footstool patterns available. I am posting complete instructions (videos are still being edited) on how to build your own using simple 2x4s, plywood and foam. There is a complete cutting diagram for the wood and the foam. I also have instructions on how to finish your hooking so you can complete your rug hooked footstool. [ Here are the list of instructions available so far:
- Footstool Construction Material List
- Footstool Feet - Where to Get Them
- Footstool Feet - Staining
- Build the Box
- Adding the foam
- Preparing the Backing
- Sewing up the Sides
- Upholstery and Finishing Touches
These instructions are still a rough draft. If you have any questions be sure to ask. I will be adding the videos and updates as I can. Be sure to visit again before you dig into your project so you have the latest information. A PDF with all the instructions in one place will be available for download once I have everything written up and finalized. It is not ready yet.
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.