Last updated on March 18th, 2018
I recently finished a footstool for a friend. It gave me a chance to look at alternate ways to do the finishing. I did all the work during my Tuesday Live! Hook-ins. You can join me every Tuesday morning at 10am eastern at rugcamp.com. Click on the Live! menu item.
Because these were filmed live they are a bit long, but you get to see every step. Grab your hooking frame and work with me.
I’ve since improved my equipment for these videos so they are a bit better now. Seeing something is better than nothing. If you’d rather read the old hooked footstool instructions they are still available.
I hope you can join me for the next Live! Hook-in.
How to finish a rug hooked footstool
This is the new video that shows you how the professionals do it.
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.
- Footstool Constuction Material List
- Rug Hooked Footstool Feet – where to get them
- Rug Hooked Footstool – Some tips for staining the wooden feet
- Rug Hooked Footstool – Adding the Foam
- Rug Hooked Footstool – Build the Box
- Why all my footstool designs have lower borders
- Rug Hooked Footstool – Prepare the pattern for finishing
- Rug Hooked Footstool – Sew the side seams
- Rug Hooked Footstool – Finishing the Upholstery
- Finishing a rug hooked footstool at the upholsterer’s