Live! Thursday June 8, 2017To watch live each week, follow the instructions on cindigayrughooking.com/live or go to rughooklive.com. Be sure to sign up for the email notifications on that page.
- 00:26 Cut sizes explained
- 00:41 Make a cut size sampler
- 01:46 Most popular cut sizes
- 02:12 Best size for a beginner — #6
- 03:26 When and how to outline a motif in a hooked rug
- 03:43 Outlining, or should it be called inlining?
- 03:54 Where the outline goes … Just inside the pattern line
- 05:56 Why you get pattern distortion
- 05:28 How to use outlining/inlining
- 06:04 A look at my rug, Simplify
- 07:12 Not all outlines have to be continuous
- 07:56 What is double outlining and what are the advantages?
- 08:47 First row of background
- Same value, different color
- 09:57 Background cut sizes should be smaller and why
- 10:53 How to avoid pulling out the prior loop when you are rug hooking. Be sure to roll the new loop toward the work that is already done.
- 12:36 The best direction for rug hooking — the one you like. I prefer bottom up
- 13:08 Best pattern of as is wool to hook brick realistically
- 14:36 As is wool that could be used as brick
- 15:05 Use a cut size to hook a building that is in proportion to the building size. I used a #6 to hook the siding and brick on the building
- 16:53 Using cut size in a landscape or pictorial to indicate distance. Use a smaller cut size in the distance
- 18:28 How I hooked the letters in the Simplify rug
- 22:06 How I attach a stair riser to the stairs using 1 side sticky back Velcro and the other side using the sewn on Velcro. You will need about 4 feet of each type.
- 22:22 How to hook brick, how to turn the row without leaving ends at the end of each row.
- 24:30 Right and wrong side of wool and why it is no longer important
- 25:37 Want to see more of my past work? Visit the Gallery.
- 26:13 Ask questions for a future webinar by visiting the Questions page
- 26:41 How to rug hook a primitive animal eye using a single loop
- 31:56 Changing colors in the lettering on the Simplify Stair Riser
- 36:33 Raise your hand and ask your question live!
- 37:00 Replay status. Watch the current one at rughooklive.com
Want to watch every live lesson, get the notifications!To watch live each week, follow the instructions on cindigayrughooking.com/live or go to rughooklive.com. Be sure to sign up for the email notifications on that page.
Remind me about the Live! Hook-ins
Fill in your info below. Be sure to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link in the email you will receive in a few minutes. This will confirm that your email address was added correctly.