What a great lesson! I did the exercise and thought for sure that I knew where my values would go and much to my surprise my value study of choice is something completely different. And that is why I’m taking this course. I’m seeing choices that I never realized were there. Thank you Cindi! I will use this tool to color plan all my rugs from now on.
Course Outline *subject to revision
- Color Theory Introduction
- Value is More Important Than Color
- The Color Wheel
- Color Relationships
- Seasonal Color
- Personal Color
The Basic Process
- The Basic Process Introduction
- Value Study Part 1: How to Make a Black Line Drawing
- Value Study Part 2: Light, Medium and Dark
- Color Personality
- Make Major Decisions First
How to Choose Colors
- How to Choose Colors Introduction
- Paint Brochures
- Use Fabric or Wallpaper for Inspiration
- How Textures Work
- Floor Dump and Sort
- Pinch Test
- Let’s Paint
Where to Place Colors
- Use the Value Study
- Color Distribution
- Sometimes More is More
- Pictorial Tips
- Tips for Buying Wool
- Rip Out or Not Rip Out
- Welcome Deer Hooked in Neutrals
- Traditional Floral Pattern
- Little House Case Study
- Free Pattern
- How to Marry & Marbelize Wool
- Full Length Video
- Downloads, etc.
- Change Log
Webinar aka Live! Lessons
- Live! Lesson – Getting Started
- October 25, 2016
- July 20, 2017
- August 22, 2017
- August 25, 2017
- August 26, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- April 5, 2018
- May 17, 2018
- Recorded video of each lesson
- Full written article explaining the lesson
- Downloadable PDFs are included in some lessons that you can print out and store in a notebook for quick reference
- Coming 2018*: MP3 file that you can download to your music player. Listen while your eyes are busy
- Coming 2018*: Companion book for the course, one for your e-book reader and a printable PDF version.
Still not sure?
Let me know what your concerns are. There may have been something I’ve overlooked. Call me at 419-287-3884 between 9am and 7pm eastern or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s talk.
Help me spread the word. Tell a friend or the whole community!
Enjoy this free sample lesson
Frequently Asked Questions….
Will this work on an tablet or phone?
Yes, You can prove this by watching the sample video above. If it does not play on your device, I’d like to know. It should work on all devices that can access the internet.
What if I work full time? Will I miss out?
No! The Live! Lesson events are scheduled during the day, evenings and weekends. You should find a few that will work. Replays are always available. You may be busy and unable to watch live, but you can watch the replay at any time.
What happens at the live events?
You can attend live and ask questions. If you cannot attend live, a recording will be available. Here’s a sample of a recent Live! event. What we talk about depends on what questions are asked.
I’m a beginner. Is this course for me?
Yes. This course will help brand new rug hookers and more experienced hookers. I sure wish I had something like this when I started. I would not have spent so much money on wool that did not work.