I started adding color to the new border. I wanted to add more red so I made the large scroll red with just a touch of gold to outline it on one side. I thought it would look like the roses in the rug. It does a bit. I think part of the problem is that I put the gold on the wrong side. When I hooked it, I thought the red was going where the background is. When I discovered my mistake, I didn’t think about the gold being on the wrong side.
Since I try to do as I say, I will not rip it out yet. I will keep hooking, using this information to adjust the placement of colors. I am way to early in the hooking process to make a decision. I need to hook more loops to earn the right to not like what I’ve done so far.