Learn how to hook without attending a rug camp
The best fun in the world is at rug camp but not everyone can attend either due to family responsibilities, time constraints or budget concerns. Learn the way I did, through books and the bit I could find on the internet. Because I had trouble finding information on the internet, I decided to create my own. Many of the books I found were quite dated. Enjoy the lessons below.
BASIC RUG HOOKING INFORMATION
- A list of my Favorite Things to use for rug hooking
- A quick Pro and Con review of the backings available
- Getting Started Ready to jump into rug hooking?
- Shading,tapestry and primitive. Yes, even primitive rugs are improved with some shading.
- Color Planning, step by step
- How much should I pay for wool by the ounce?
What does a yard of wool weigh?
- Take a pictorial tour of my studio
- Favorite studio equipment
- FAQ dyeing questions not answered or not clear in my dye books
*This is an advanced dyeing technique
- The “In” Colors for 2006
- Town Hall Red dye recipe for bricks
- A wonderful neutral, found by accident
- 2005 Red, one of my favorite reds
All the finishing lessons have been rewritten. Scroll below.
This is the end of the list of old posts. Enjoy the new posts below.