I’ve made some progress today on the border. I did a chunk of the hit and miss and filled in the background in the area between two of the border flowers. I did add my first name in cursive. You can only see it if you are looking for it, but it adds interest to this background. I will probably add my last name in the next section and put the year I started and the year I finish on the other side. What will go in between the other areas is still uncertain.
I first hooked my name with the darkest black that I am using to outline all motifs, then filled in with the lighter browns. The writing disappears near the end because the value of wool I used for the letters and the background are very close.