The Manistee camp was great fun. I love the area. The lakes (Portage and Michigan) are beautiful and I cannot get enough. Wets my appetite for September in New Jersey at Cape May. Walking the beach before and after rug camp is a bit of heaven.
It seems impossible, but my last important post for this rug was Day 99. That was when I first tried the circle border. I hooked a bit on the main part of the center since then, but my time has been tied up with my website, teaching and packing.
The more I hook the circles, the more they belong. I will hook another foot or two before I begin to lay out the next border which will be based on the Queen Anne Rose stair riser (the top one). These patterns are available on this website.
I tried to fill the spots in between the circles with multicolors and then with just one neutral. I think I like just dark for the background, so that is what I will continue to hook. You can never be sure what will work until you hook a bit and live with it or a while. 176 days are not usually required.
Cindi Gay Rug Hooking Newsletter
Enter your email carefully.
If you have a typo, you will never receive the confirmation email. You need to click on the link in this first email you receive. This confirms your email address and adds you to the list.
- Day 1 of rug hooking: Putting the pattern on the backing
- Day 5 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 5 Rug Hooking Continued
- Day 7 Rug Hooking the rose
- Day 10 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 22 Rug hooking the scrolls
- Day 35 Still rug hooking the scrolls
- Day 36 My temporary rug hooking set up
- Day 38 of rug hooking: Resolving the Large Leaves
- Day 44 of rug hooking: Rose improvement
- Day 44 Georgia loves my hooked rugs
- Day 050 Rug hooking all weekend
- Day 65 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 94 Finally got to hook!
- Day 94 How to hook crooked rows not straight ones
- Day 99 Circle Border Under Consideration on Room-sized Rug
- Day 275 Progress on border and scroll
- How to Hook the circle border aka cat’s paw or millefori
- Day 281 I spent the 4th hooking!
- Back on the border of the room-sized rug
- Day 372 Rug Hooking Progress and Jack
- Day 381 Measurements
- Day 425 Thanksgiving weekend, some progress
- Day 434 Background
- Day 436 Organization
- Day 440 Almost done with center
- Day 442 Center DONE. . . well, almost
- Use and Abuse of Hand Hooked Rug
- New Border Ideas for Room-Sized Hooked Rug
- Day 871 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 1200 Border Design Finalized on Room Sized Rug
- Day 1207 First shot at the final border
- Day 1223 Hooked Rug Border Evaluation
- Day 1232 Hit and Miss Corner on the Room Sized Rug
- Day 2491 Room sized hooked rug in the new house