The Manistee camp was great fun. I love the area. The lakes (Portage and Michigan) are beautiful and I cannot get enough. Wets my appetite for September in New Jersey at Cape May. Walking the beach before and after rug camp is a bit of heaven.
It seems impossible, but my last important post for this rug was Day 99. That was when I first tried the circle border. I hooked a bit on the main part of the center since then, but my time has been tied up with my website, teaching and packing.
The more I hook the circles, the more they belong. I will hook another foot or two before I begin to lay out the next border which will be based on the Queen Anne Rose stair riser (the top one). These patterns are available on this website.
I tried to fill the spots in between the circles with multicolors and then with just one neutral. I think I like just dark for the background, so that is what I will continue to hook. You can never be sure what will work until you hook a bit and live with it or a while. 176 days are not usually required.
- Day 1 of rug hooking: Putting the pattern on the backing
- Day 5 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 5 Rug Hooking Continued
- Day 7 Rug Hooking the rose
- Day 10 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 22 Rug hooking the scrolls
- Day 35 Still rug hooking the scrolls
- Day 36 My temporary rug hooking set up
- Day 38 of rug hooking: Resolving the Large Leaves
- Day 44 of rug hooking: Rose improvement
- Day 44 Georgia loves my hooked rugs
- Day 050 Rug hooking all weekend
- Day 65 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 94 Finally got to hook!
- Day 94 How to hook crooked rows not straight ones
- Day 99 Circle Border Under Consideration on Room-sized Rug
- Day 275 Progress on border and scroll
- How to Hook the circle border aka cat’s paw or millefori
- Day 281 I spent the 4th hooking!
- Back on the border of the room-sized rug
- Day 372 Rug Hooking Progress and Jack
- Day 381 Measurements
- Day 425 Thanksgiving weekend, some progress
- Day 434 Background
- Day 436 Organization
- Day 440 Almost done with center
- Day 442 Center DONE. . . well, almost
- Use and Abuse of Hand Hooked Rug
- New Border Ideas for Room-Sized Hooked Rug
- Day 871 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 1200 Border Design Finalized on Room Sized Rug
- Day 1207 First shot at the final border
- Day 1223 Hooked Rug Border Evaluation
- Day 1232 Hit and Miss Corner on the Room Sized Rug