When I am hooking something new for the first time, I just jump in and try a few things. With this rug’s border, I wanted to hook in some more red. So I added red to the largest element, the big scroll like motif. I added a line of gold around the outside similar to what I did with the large scroll, except I only put it on one side.
When I hooked the second one, I noticed how closely it resembled the roses in the rug. What if I hooked that part of the scroll like my roses? I needed to change the gold to the other side, the outside, of the scroll.
But am I missing the opportunity to bring in the green and gold that I used in the large scroll? So I hooked the rest of the scroll using that combination.
I decided to make the background around the small inner scrolls red. This will give the dose of red I am looking for, but now do I have too much red? My goal now is to hook the next one with the red and green changing closer to to rose so that the scroll is more green.
- Day 1 of rug hooking: Putting the pattern on the backing
- Day 5 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 5 Rug Hooking Continued
- Day 7 Rug Hooking the rose
- Day 10 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 22 Rug hooking the scrolls
- Day 35 Still rug hooking the scrolls
- Day 36 My temporary rug hooking set up
- Day 38 of rug hooking: Resolving the Large Leaves
- Day 44 of rug hooking: Rose improvement
- Day 44 Georgia loves my hooked rugs
- Day 050 Rug hooking all weekend
- Day 65 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 94 Finally got to hook!
- Day 94 How to hook crooked rows not straight ones
- Day 99 Circle Border Under Consideration on Room-sized Rug
- Day 275 Progress on border and scroll
- How to Hook the circle border aka cat’s paw or millefori
- Day 281 I spent the 4th hooking!
- Back on the border of the room-sized rug
- Day 372 Rug Hooking Progress and Jack
- Day 381 Measurements
- Day 425 Thanksgiving weekend, some progress
- Day 434 Background
- Day 436 Organization
- Day 440 Almost done with center
- Day 442 Center DONE. . . well, almost
- Use and Abuse of Hand Hooked Rug
- New Border Ideas for Room-Sized Hooked Rug
- Day 871 Rug Hooking Progress
- Day 1200 Border Design Finalized on Room Sized Rug
- Day 1207 First shot at the final border
- Day 1223 Hooked Rug Border Evaluation
- Day 1232 Hit and Miss Corner on the Room Sized Rug